Yesterday, Huawei officially launched the release version of the HarmonyOS 3.1 operating system for developers. This is the last and stable build for development for all of the dev community. Also, the release version indicates that the software is ready for deployment.
According to the details, HarmonyOS 3.1 release version requires the following compositions:
- OpenHarmony SDK 220.127.116.11 (API Version 9 Release)
- Previewer 18.104.22.168 (API Version 9 Release)
- Toolchains 22.214.171.124 (API Version 9 Release)
HarmonyOS 3.1 release version brings the following changes:
- The meta-capability is newly added to provide transfer/collaboration entry management service capabilities, including connection/cancellation transfer management services, registration/unregistration device connection change monitoring, pulling up the device selection module, and updating the connection status.
- The new media interface supports the development of audio playback functions using AVPlayer.
- Distributed data management has added the ability of automatic synchronization of KVStore.
- Resource scheduling further complements the triggering conditions of long-term and short-term tasks, including network conditions (Bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet) and charging conditions (USB interface charging, wireless charging).
DevEco Studio 3.1:
Alongside, Huawei has also released the 3.1 version of Huawei DecEco Studio. It is matched with the HarmonyOS SDK 3.1.0 Release version. As well as the HarmonyOS emulator image 3.1.0 Release version. DevEco 3.1 Release version supports dynamic shared package HSP, new mall templates for device-cloud integration, and local debugging of cloud features.
HarmonyOS 3.1 Beta 2:
Last month, Huawei released HarmonyOS 3.1 Beta 2, which requires OpenHarmony SDK 126.96.36.199 (API Version 9 Beta 2). The changelog includes the following.
- ArkUI has added support for custom fonts, text measurement, multi-level menus, and Scroll callbacks.
- The Image supports the default drag and drop.
- Tabs capabilities have been enhanced.
- Multi-application audio focus management, audio playback & recording event monitoring, audio device information query, and other capabilities have been added to the media.
- The browser has added capabilities such as page scrolling, page status, and custom protocol interception.
- The window has added support for a wide color gamut, new window types, and new support for digging screens.
Rollout for old smartphone?
Currently, Huawei has not revealed the plan for rollout. However, the original roadmap indicates a HarmonyOS 3.1 OTA release starting this month. Yet, we need to wait for more confirmation.