Huawei has released a new software update for the global variant of Leica powered Huawei P40 Pro smartphone and it comes with May 2023 security patches for improved EMUI system security.
This is a regular software update release for the flagship and it comes amid users are demanding EMUI 13 as soon as possible. However, there are only 11 devices currently qualified for the initial roadmap and there are more that may come later on.
Speaking of which, we remain optimistic that Huawei P40 Pro will get its fair share in the world of EMUI 13. However, a wait is a must to know more on this matter.
Coming back to the topic, Huawei P40 Pro is getting May 2023 security update with EMUI 12 build version 188.8.131.526. Users of this megaphone will have to fetch a download size of 302MB.
Our details about the bulletin reveal that Huawei has fixes for 19 high-level and 1 medium-level of software threat. Also, Huawei has included 24 fixes for the CVEs found in the last month’s build.
However, you should know that the update only contains a security patch and there may be some new system optimizations added in the background.
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in May 2023 for improved system security.
- This update doesn’t erase your personal data but we recommend you to back up any important file before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please contact the customer service hotline.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the installation completes.
Thanks to the tipsters for this input.
— Ῥυγχίνοι / Rhynchinoi / Runčini (@Pixiusie) June 2, 2023
Also P40 Pro pic.twitter.com/yVSB1POwUm
— Aviner (@aviner556) June 1, 2023